The 24 valve cylinder head kit designed by Swindon Powertrain has been engineered to provide notable increases in power and torque for vehicles using Porsche M64 air cooled engines. Improvements are achieved via increased air flow through the cylinder head ports, as well as increased engine speed capability (valvetrain designed for up to 12,000rpm). In addition to the increase in engine performance the kit is 3.5kg’s lighter than the standard 993 cylinder heads. The kit has been engineered to fit to a standard engine, and utilise the original cam drive and lubrication system
964 & 993 Porsche 911
Please note: You can scroll this table horizontally to view additional columns if they don’t all fit on the screen.
|Intake Valve Diameter (mm)||40|
|Maximum Intake Valve Lift (mm)||11.5|
|Intake Valve Duration (degrees)||255 (@ 1mm)|
|Exhaust Valve Diameter (mm)||33|
|Maximum Exhaust Valve Lift (mm)||9.6|
|Exhaust Valve Duration (degrees)||245 (@ 1mm)
|Bore Range (mm)||95 - 102.7|
|Nominal Compression Ratio||11.5:1 - 12:1|
|Cylinder Head Volume (cm^3)||16.6|
The 24 valve cylinder head kit is a direct fit upgrade for air cooled Porsche 911 engines and is delivered with a detailed assembly manual. It has been designed to utilise the standard M64 lubrication system, barrels, crank cases, chain drive system & covers and exhaust system. The kit is compatible with the 997 GT3 intake system and Porsche 718 ignition coils.
• CNC Inlet Porting to further increase breathing efficiency
• Bespoke Cam Profiles (available on request). Duration, lift and maximum RPM can be input into our cam software to define a specific profile for your project.
• ARP Cylinder Head Stud Kit
• Pistons designed to make the most of the performance available from the 4 valve per cylinder kit (102.7mm bore)
• Cylinder barrels to suit 102.7mm piston (Please note: Original crankcases may need machining, this will need to be performed by an engine specialist)
• Carbon fibre fan shroud
• Power Assisted Steering Drive adaption casing and output that allows the use of the M64 OEM pump and ancillaries